Minnesota Book Restoration and Binding provides a wide range of services,
from simple repairs to complex restoration of rare books.
Please contact us with any questions — or feel free
to bring your book in for a complimentary review.
Base Book Repair
This is the repair of the book block, the “bones of the book.”
Cleaning and restoring the spine:
– remove all adhesive and old spine cloth
– apply fresh glue to spine
– apply new spine cloth and new headband
– inspection every page of the book
– reattach all loose pages
– repair any rips, tears or folds of any pages
End Pages and Cover:
– sew in new end pages or create a cloth hinge
A detailed estimate will be provided upon inspection of the book, based on the client’s wishes and the condition of the book.